I thought I would show you some Valentine Candy that I made tonight . I like taking small paper candy cups and mixing up some of my favorite things into candy melts. As you can see, tonight I made pink and red candies.
I melt the Wilton's Candy Melts in the microwave. This is tricky though as you can burn the candy easily. You have to melt in a glass container 50 seconds at a time until they are all melted. I usually add about a teaspoon of crisco solid shortening to make it a little thinner. You can do it before or after you microwave. I like to take nuts and fruits that I have on hand and mix into these lovely colorful candies. The fruits are always dried fruits. I add chopped nuts of any kind, rasins, pineapple, blueberries, cherries, cranrasins, etc anything that is dried. You also add about a 1/8 to 1/4 cup of rice krispies 'plain' into the candy that gives them a little crispy taste. It really makes them taste wonderful. I also sprinkle valentine sprinkles over the top before the candies dry.
It snowed the other morning about 1 inch. It melted off pretty much. Then tonight it snowed and rained at the same time as I was coming home from shopping. No one can predict our weather most of the time.
I started Isaiah our youngest grandson (6) in a wonderful music class yesterday here in our neighborhood. The girl goes to our church and holds two degrees in music. Isaiah is the only boy so far in the class and he gets lots of attention. There are two other little girls. The teacher told Isaiah that they had to work to stretch his voice and have him singing those high notes. Of course he had no idea what she was talking about. Isaiah seems to have a low voice naturally. But she told him that right now he could hit all the high notes that the girls can hit until his voice changes. He loved the class. They sing, dance, play games, have puppet shows, clap to the beat, etc. They will work toward playing the keyboard. Here is the website to have a look at the program.
http://www.letsplaymusicsite.com/
Happy Valentine's Day Family and Friends around the World.







3 comments:
Look at you candy lady! Why is it that I have such a sweet tooth when my daddy is a dentist? I wonder.
By the way, Isaiah loves his new class. Thank you! I am very excited for him. What a sweet boy and a perfect outlet for him.
Yum! looks like you're really having fun with candy making, and blogging, and grandchildren, and pillowcase making, and knitting, and going to the temple. What a life of dreams!
Hi Sister Suber,
I saw your site from Caroline's, I hope you don't mind me taking a peek. Those candies look delicious and even though it's well after Valentines Day, I really want to make them:) Thanks for the directions.
Post a Comment