Sunday, May 3, 2009

My sister Myra and Her Art Work!








My sister Myra has a wonderful talent in Art. When she attended the University of Georgia after high school graduation, she took art classes. I remember her having to go to the Zoo and other places and fill her blank art books up with drawings.

I have a few pieces of her art hanging in my home. I am very proud of my sister Myra and the beautiful paintings that she has painted through the years.
In her early years of painting,she painted in the basement of our MontClair Apartments in Decatur, Georgia. We had little storage units down there and she turned one of them into her little studio. She painted a very huge painting down there one summer and she showed it at the Piedmont Park Art Festival that summer. It was pretty exciting having my sister show some of her work. I still wonder how she got that huge painting on display in the park that summer.

The first picture is an oil painting that hung in our parents apartment in Decatur, Georgia. She painted it when I was in my teenage years. She painted three of these for family and friends. It is the painting of the Nun sitting on a piece of drift wood on the beach. I remember that there was a little story about this painting. After Myra had finished it our mother asked her to do something different to the seagulls. I think it had to do with painting the tips of their wings differently or something like that. The second picture is a recent water color that she did for me and gave it to me as a gift. I love her water colors.
Myra also has a love of painting and drawing Japanese Geisha girls. I have a favorite little oil painting that she did for me years and years ago of a Geisha Girl. It is my all time favorite. I will do a posting on that particular painting later on.

Hope you enjoy viewing these as much as I do!

2 comments:

Diagnose Rachel said...

OH, I LOVE THE SEAGULLS!
Reminds me of the beach and peace and calm with the change of tides and wind. :) Peace!

Glad you're posting again. I'd love to get together with you. I'm sitting now for a long time, and going on walks. If you ever want a errand companion, give me a call!

Chappell said...

She is talented!